Say hello to my little friends...

I am a mom, I cook, I clean, I epically fail from time to time, I laugh about it.

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Uganda yesterday.

 We rode to Kampala 2 days ago from Kisumu, crossing the border from Kenya to Uganda. 

The day was fucking insane. It feels like a week. The border crossing was NUTS. No rhyme or reason and many hours to get through but we did. I

I'm shortening the accounting of events here. We rode for many hours through fields of food and cool cows with giant horns and meridians full of Marabou storks that look like dinosaurs especially when they take flight. 

We passed trucks and carts full of bananas


and motorcycles full of chickens or incredibly well dressed locals and got up into the mountains and then... the rain. Holy shit the sky opened and dumped so much water down for about an hour that we took refuge in the garage of a gas station... with the rest of the town. 


This is our group at the first equator crossing. I'll add the hiding in the gas station garage photo when my phone decides to join my team, she's been extra bitchy since the rain bath.

Cari and I hopped in the truck and let the boys ride through Kampala on their own and thank God we did. They fought through crazy traffic, roundabouts with 6 unmarked lanes and untethered goats for good measure, spilled at least one bike and arrived harried and full of piss and vinegar, but laughing and happy to be there.

We ended up at a cook hotel with a revolving restaurant at the top where we watched thunder and lighting strikes over the city with our dinner. I also think we were the only group at the hotel. It was eerily empty.


In the morning we rode out of Kampala which was also nuts, dumped our bike, lost a rider (he did manage to drop a pin and be reunited with us later in the day) and took the most nuts bumpy dirt road up a mountain with villages of people who ... chopped up rocks? not sure why. The road was wet and dusty at the same time, rocky and full of grooves... we basically 4x4'd on our bikes. Got to the prettiest lodge I have ever seen, the bird nest resort, looking over lake bunyonye. 



that's me in the lake. John had to double check it was safe to swim in... hippos? I asked... nope. urethra fish lol. But it was safe so Chris and I jumped in.

He's so cute!!

That fucking road, man. My poor ass. 

I think we are caught up now? I missed some things but every hour here has a full day's worth of adventure. I am so, so lucky. Miss you guys though.

No comments:

Post a Comment