Say hello to my little friends...

I am a mom, I cook, I clean, I epically fail from time to time, I laugh about it.

Monday 22 August 2011

I want to sleep in my Braaaaaannnnnd Neewwwwww Beeeeddddddd!!!

I hope you read that in Bob Barker's voice.  We have a new bed.  It is so, so long overdue.  The previous bed consisted of a 50 dollar mattress, a boxspring of unknown origin, and a bedframe found in an alleyway in Kitsilano.  Sadly, I'm serious.  So we got a new one.  An adult bed.  Frame, boxspring, firm mattress for old people's backs, the works.  Even sheets good enough to make it worth listing the thread count!!  (56 is good, right? -I jest.)  Presenting, the newest member of our family!

Isn't she beautiful?  I'm tearing up here.
So long overdue.  Also, I have had many houseguests and a large party for hubby's birthday!! Happy birthday darling!!! I was cooking for the whole last week, I believe.  I made roasted red pepper hummus, meringues, lemon curd, raspberry semifroddo (my favorite dish so far), asian meatballs, chocolate dipped strawberries, profiteroles filled with creme patisserie, a lovely cheese plate... and other stuff.  What's that?  You want pictures? No.  I totally forgot.  Sorry.  Well, I do have one....

That was a decent dessert.  The party went well, the eggs benny bar for breakfast fed 12 people (whew!) and today the guests have left with my son (Yay! Waah!) and I decided to rest so I made...
homemade oreos!!! Win!!
and chicken and turkey broth.  God, I'm a masochist.  They were so so good though.... I gave them to the guys at the Mac store who "fixed my computer" (charged me 60 bux to tell it it was broken, duh, and that it may have had something to do with coins stuck inside it... well double duh).  However, they were friendly and informed so I made them cookies. (And they clearly checked out my arse which made me feel special.)  I need to focus on food less, and um.. life? more.  Jillian Micheals, come and get me.

1 comment:

  1. I clearly need to figure out Vancouver, I want to live in your kitchen. Like the friendly troll under the sink?

    ReplyDelete