Say hello to my little friends...

I am a mom, I cook, I clean, I epically fail from time to time, I laugh about it.

Saturday 3 September 2011

To The Prowlers!!

I know you're out there.
I know, because the closer I get to sleep the sharper my hearing gets.
I lay in bed silently willing my husband to breathe more quietly so I can hear you steal our bikes.
It is nearly 1am, I have checked the bikes twice and each child's bedroom three times.  Now I've psyched myself out.  Somehow, I skipped turning into my mother and went straight for grandmotherhood.  Everyone's a hooligan.  I may come off as delusional, certainly paranoid, but I'll have you know the first night we moved here I woke hubby up in a panic and he confirmed that yes, the sound I was hearing was gunshots, but they were miles away.
It's not my fault... I cut my big city teeth in Stepford.  It's so weird being in a big house that's freestanding and kind of isolated.  (There's tall hedges, alright?)
But Dear Prowlers, let this be my warning to you:  If you come on my property at all, I will hear you.

And I will stand by the back door and (passive) aggressively flip the back porch light on and off.  As long as it takes, MoFo.  

Update:  I'm slightly less paranoid than previously thought... the prowlers broke into our car last night and took the stereo.  At least they left the carseats.  I need a dog, or a wolf. Or a woolly mammoth.  Kyla, I think you have a team player in your mammoth wrangling scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment