Say hello to my little friends...

I am a mom, I cook, I clean, I epically fail from time to time, I laugh about it.

Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Cairo

 So. We flew a short jump from Hurghada to Cairo this morning and checked into the St Regis. We only have one night here and it's on points!! But wow, what a freaking hotel. As I told hubby, "Take note: I respond very well to luxury" lol. It's insane how pretty this place is. And there's an adorable German shepherd that checks all the cars coming in for bombs! That's a bit trippy.

This is the view from our room, of the mofo NILE.



I mean, wow. And the service makes me feel like I'm the Queen of England. There's a pillow MENU. We have been thoroughly buttled. The butler offered to help me unpack! I said no, That feels weird. We went for a bevvy in the Water Garden here that was just unreal

the view from the drink... velvet chaise?


then off to the pool deck to explore that and have an aperol spritz because Jen was in my head and that's what she would have done. Also an incredible view. 



When we went back to the room the butler had snuck in and left us chocolates. SWOON.



Anyway I can't stop being absolutely elated at this place.
Chris had booked us a dinner cruise through Viator with good reviews for 175 bucks.
Ahmed picked us up at the hotel and drove us through Cairo, across to Giza, back to Cairo where we got on a Felucca (a type of sailboat). 

Ahmed was our guide and Mohammed was our driver and then it was just us on this huge boat. Ahmed pointed out some cool things and then retreated , only surfacing to feed us and take a billion photos of us. 



I mean, pretty, right? Dinner was, as always, massive and delicious.



and then the sun started setting and the call to prayer rang throughout the city and we sailed quietly past islands in the Nile with no cars and kids playing and riding donkeys and a million kites in the sky and ibis and egrets diving for food.




I said to hubby: If Careless Whisper played this would be the most  ridiculously romantic night on earth. Guess what came on next?? Guess?? The guys couldn't hear me at the other end of the boat; it was just fate. 
I put my hand in the water because local belief means that you'll return to the Nile if you touch it, inshallah.
When we got back the butler rand the doorbell I did not realize we had and asked if we wanted turndown service and I said no but now I'm aware it's essentially being tucked in for rich people and I'm kicking myself.
Tomorrow is the pyramids, the market, the new museum, nice dinner and a night flight to Nairobi!







No comments:

Post a Comment