Say hello to my little friends...

I am a mom, I cook, I clean, I epically fail from time to time, I laugh about it.

Sunday, 26 July 2026

Egypt: Hurghada


We left Cairo airport hotel very early morning for the 1 hour flight to Hurghada, a beach resort type town on the red sea.

Our hotel could be easily mistaken for a resort in Cancun, but there's way less Americans and way more Russians (and I do love my Russians. They dance with me.)




The sea is crazy warm and the wine glasses hilariously small..


and the shisha is lovely as well. Unfortunately I got in one day and woke up the next with a wicked case of vertigo that lasted about 36 hours, so I sent Chris off to have fun on his own and leave me the fuck alone in the dark. Sigh. 
He enjoyed the beach and went scuba diving and I'm pretty jealous but also happy for him because that is the correct thing to say.

I made it to the beach for a couple hours today and then back to bed, but recovered in time for dinner at Starfish restaurant that Reddit says is amazing. The cab ride there was crazy as traffic is basically a bunch of drunk puppies climbing over each other but with cars and more honking. 




At the restaurant we got to pick our fish, and a slipper lobster, and some prawns all caught 20 feet away today. It was a truly perfect meal. We may have over tipped based on the very personal and heartfelt thanks the waiter returned to give us, but I watched him debone and deshell everything with a fork and a spoon and we were impressed.






Went for a walk when we got back and getting an early sleep so we both face tomorrow healthy and happy... the adventure stuff starts day after tomorrow and we will not have the option for physical failure. 

So far, Egypt is really cool. Looking forward to the madness of Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment