Say hello to my little friends...

I am a mom, I cook, I clean, I epically fail from time to time, I laugh about it.

Monday 6 March 2017

Sihanoukville

The bus ride to Siahnoukville. Most guides said to take a limo bus (aka minivan) but this was really nice.

Our gorgeous air bnb.

it came with a hammock! I love me some hammock.

It came with a scooter!

It came with Tanya and Yuri, a lovely old Ukrainian couple and their cat, coconut, whom I love.

more crowded on the beaches here, but lovely nonetheless.

This was Otres beach, the calmer one. Sihanoukville is a party town with raves and such.



He just keeps getting cuter!

The Italian story: came, loved, stayed forever.


liquor store: mom's kitchen. lolz.

at the bnb, this one's for ... well, a few people I know.

Funny story without a photo: Day 1 on the scooter we go through a major roundabout and the police are standing in front of us. We are ushered into a small concrete room with 12 officers and Chris is seating in a single chair facing them. They all start yelling, really yelling at each other in Khmer while Chris just keeps asking if anybody speaks English. Then The chief type guy look at us and says :You go now. So, we left. I was petrified for a moment, but now it's hilarious. Obvs did not feel comfortable taking photos. This guy was from the police stop the second day when he just wanted money but alas, I had hidden it in my purse.

A buket of vodka?

but.. were we ever really here?


The beach at Otres... people just walk around with trays of lovely on their heads. We got 4 lobster from this lady for 3 bucks.

My god it was good.

haha Chris thought he didn't like lychees. Everything is so different fresh.

scooter man!

This is Sophal. He used to be a monk and was the best tour guide anyone could ask for. If you go to Cambodia, please ask me for his contact info.



The semi feral dogs here are alternately wonderful and terrifying.

Sophal told us every story about every person and painting in Wat Krong temple. This is him explaining the middle path to us.

That is one well fed monkey.


My favourite God. Dad had the head chopped off his son as punishment, mom got (understandably) angry with dad, dad found an elephant head and made it all better.


A pretty little park


A fighting cock.


Sophal thinks I'm crazy to pay someone to hold a chicken. You can see it on his face.

I found fresh mangosteen (though slightly out of season) after so much hunting. Totally worth it.

That's a big avocado.

leg and foot rubs on the beach

Like, that was a seriously big avocado!

This is Annie, a local masseuse. We loved Annie, she was hilarious.

Chris making friends

love this guy

No comments:

Post a Comment