Say hello to my little friends...

I am a mom, I cook, I clean, I epically fail from time to time, I laugh about it.

Monday 6 June 2011

Hockey. No exclamation Mark.

what's that?  I'm having trouble hearing you over the sound of my Awesomeness.
If you live in a cave, or have a newborn, or belong to a tribe of hippies in the Kooteneys somewhere I should probably let you know that the Canucks are in the final round of the playoffs.  This is a big deal for... everyone on earth but me?  I don't dislike hockey, I just don't really care.  What I do like about hockey is that it gets people over to my house whereupon I can feed them.
What I do not like about the hockey games is that my friends have cleverly deduced that any games watched at a nearby friend's house result in a win, making it hard for me to get people here, or a sitter to get there.  (My hubby gets first pick of the hockey games, which is all of them, because I get to go see "Bridesmaids".  I think.  Soon.  I also hold veto power over burlesque shows, which is totally a fair trade.)
Now, a short rant at my father-in-law:  You are a Maple Leafs Fan.  That is fine, bully for you, to each his own, all that.  But you are setting my children up for failure by purchasing them Maple Leafs jerseys!!  Bells wore one out the other day and I was just waiting for a drunken fan or overzealous hockey dad to tear me a new one.  (It happened, too.)  I do my best to instill righteous and correct beliefs in my children's head, and even owning an opposing team's jersey in the final round of the playoffs in Vancouver is just... wrong.  Please stop.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment